Friday, March 28, 2008

Uhm, Yeah. About The Car . . .

So I ran off to the bookstore, as planned, in order to pick up something to read while I'm doing some volunteer chores at the nonprofit where I used to work. Basically minding the store while they do their thing getting ready for the Music City Half Marathon. Didn't find anything at the bookstore, so Whirling Dervish and I headed back to the office. That's when things went wrong.

I dropped him off at his office, then tried to back out onto the road that runs around the VA towards my office. Trouble was, they construction crews had dug up half the road in order to repave it. I'm not as good backing up as I am going forward. And since I couldn't see where the road was dug up, but could see the barrels marking the edge of the work zone, i figured I had enough clearance. Right? Wrong.

You see, the barrels were IN the ditch, not to the side of it. In fact, some were on the OTHER SIDE of the ditch. So in thinking I had enough room, I was actually backing right into the ditch. Which I did with aplomb.

The tow truck guy who got me out says that he thinks everything is okay, that the car was resting on the A-frame and not the axle, but if I have a problem with the alignment, I should get it checked out.

Yeah, thanks. I wouldn't have thought to take my car to the shop if the alignment was all screwed up. Grrr.

I want this week to end. Now. And I want next week to be better. So I'm going home. Now.

Have a good one.

No comments: