Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'd Say This Is A Cry For Help

I caught this on the news this morning, and thought it was worth repeating. One Ring and I have thought about adopting another dog, or perhaps becoming foster "parents" for rescue dogs, once Barney the Dog of Destruction gets a little older and calms down a bit - though I sincerely hope we do not turn into this couple!

800 Dogs Seized From Couple's Home

They also had 80 parrots.

I wonder if there's a psychological condition underlying this type of behavior . . . aside from the "hoarding" personality aspect that the article mentions. Also, having just spent $40 for a large bag of dog food - none of that nasty Chinese import stuff for my Beagle! - I can't begin to imagine how much this couple spent feeding these dogs. CNN said that almost all of them are in good health, and the Humane Society will be adopting them out before too long.

No comments: