Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Fighting Illness

For the last couple of days, I've been feeling the leading edge of an oncoming cold. No big deal, but it's been slowing me down dramatically. Today was my half day - case presentations in the morning, personal time (technically "research time," but we all know it as "drive home and do whatever you want") in the afternoon.

Today I drove home and immediately fell into a coma. A serious coma. As in my head hit the couch at 1 and I was awakened at 4 by the phone. I like naps as much as the next person, but that was pretty extreme, even by my lazy butt standards! : ) Hopefully the added rest has boosted my immune system and will allow me to bypass the cold. I've lost count of how many people in the hospital are down and out; my boss has been home for a week with the flu. And sniffling and sneezing are heard everywhere.

In other news, I just got off the phone with Tigger, who works in I.T. for a cable company. He said he's like to take a look at my old blog in order to see what's going on. So hopefully tonight or tomorrow he'll figure out what I did (or didn't do) to make everything vanish into thin air. I'll continue to post here, of course, since I've set everything up. Still, it would be nice to get the repairs done, if for no other reason than to know what I did wrong.

No comments: