Friday, April 11, 2008

Something to Consider Next Time I Move

Back when I was writing over on Just a Stab in the Dark (my now deceased blog) I mentioned that although I don't believe in ghosts and haunted places, I'm a sucker for a good ghost story - and a big time fan of the Haunted Mansion in Walt Disney World. I even contemplated briefly giving up my current profession, moving to Orlando, and working as one of the cast members in that particular attraction. I decided not to, though, out of fear that I would get transferred over to the "It's a Small World" attraction!

But all dreams of working in a dark ride aside, here's the latest real estate tip to hit the internet (at least, it's new to me): buy a haunted house!

One would think, what with the gult of paranormal investigation shows such as Ghost Hunters and Paranormal State, that the demand for houses that were supposedly haunted would increase, at least among the subculture that was into such things. But according to The Street, such is not the case. They say that the history of a home, whether true or an urban legend, can drastically affect the price, resulting in some sweet bargains. Of course, the price would also depend on the location of the home, its size, and so forth. O.J. Simpson's home in Brentwood, CA went for the asking price of $4 million, due mostly to its location, while the Scott and Laci Peterson home has already been through a few owners and has had its price reduced (I was going to say "slashed," but that would be too tacky, even for me!).

You can find the article here. But just think of the possibilites: house hunting and ghost hunting - on the same trip!

No comments: