Friday, April 25, 2008

Peace and Quiet

For the next 30 minutes or so. After that all hell's about to break loose.

Due to the office move fiasco, I am now sharing space with my boss. Normally that's a good thing, but on day's like today, when I have four hours worth of appointments back to back to back, it gets a little weird. So he's moved to another office (he's a good boss), and I'm in here waiting for the next bit of craziness to enter my life.

At least I was able to get some work done on my applications. I should have everything I need to send off the packet to the denomination. Once that gets processed and I get a letter from them endorsing me for the VA position, then I can send the VA its packet. Then I can forget about all of this until the jobs are posted. Which should be some time next month. Hopefully.

In the meantime, I'm trying to fill out a couple of forms for my kung fu class. It's tonight from 7:30 until 9:30. Hopefully everyone shows up on time. Last week I was the only one there for 15 minutes after the start time, which was weird. This will be my first time at the non-beginner's class, and I want to see how it runs before I sign on for the long haul. Oh, who am I kidding. I'm going to join if for the only reason that it's free and it's all I can afford right now. Besides, it can't be any worse than any other style I've studied (and I've studied some losers, let me tell you!). Of course, I'm knocking on wood as I say that!

Okay, the clock says 15 minutes until my next victim appointment. Time to go.

No comments: