Monday, April 28, 2008

Catching My Breath

I just finished my lunch break, and I have to be back upstairs for a care team meeting at 1, so this will have to be fast. I managed to run out to the post office and mail out my application for ecclesiastical endorsement to the denomination big wigs. Mind you, they already have every bit of material that I just mailed, in one form or another, but they want it again, so now they have it. Or they will in two days. Whatever.

Now I just have to wait until I get a letter from them, and then I can go dance with the soul grinding monstrosity that is the VA Human Resource division. Yeah, I'm feeling very sardonic today!

On Friday I managed to get to the upper level (as in "everyone above me") kung fu class. Which in itself was a miracle, considering that I was very depressed following a tragic accident involving a bird and my car door. I won't go into graphic details, save that it was fatal for the bird and very disturbing for me. Still, I managed to suck it up and go watch the upper level students go through the motions of whatever they were working on. I managed to memorize a couple of their forms just by studying them, so hopefully that will grease the wheels when it comes time for me to do those exercises. Assuming I don't forget them over time.

One Ring and I were supposed to go see Ben Stein's movie Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed this weekend. We thought it was a movie about the intelligent design and creationist movement, but then One Ring's brother told us that was not the case and that the movie is essentially propaganda. He was right. We didn't see it, but Scientific American's review of it is nothing short of scathing.

So we didn't. Instead we stayed at home and watched Surf's Up while One Ring graded papers, and later I watched a samurai flick called Goyokin while she continued to grade papers. Both were fabulous movies, for completely different reasons (surfing penguins are very unlike samurais!). Sunday was devoted mostly to church stuff, much to the frustration of the both of us, since people seem to continually fail to see the difference between fellowship and committee meetings. They won't let me hold the gavel, out of fear that I may smack someone on the head. Sad, isn't it?

Okay, my meeting starts in ten. I'll probably be back in an hour or so, and this afternoon looks like a really slow day. We'll see, though.

Peace out.

No comments: