Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"I'm Going Slightly Mad . . ."

Which is a great song by Queen, by the way. Yeah, the day's gone off the rails. Started with my receiving a report of - and I was still in the parking lot when someone told me this - a male patient placing a *ahem* object used for sexual pleaure (usually by women) on his roommate's bed. Chaos ensued. I meet with that patient today at 4. I am filled with anticipation (insert sarcasm here).

But wait. There's more!

Once I got to my office, my phone rang. It was a minister with whom I need to meet to get my paperwork in order so I can apply for the VA jobs. Yesterday he offered me meetings in June (way too late to help me), then April (still too late, but doable). Today he offered 12 noon on Friday. In Huntsville, Alabama. So I'm taking Friday off so One Ring and I can drive down to Huntsville and attend a very exciting church meeting in order to get all our ducks in a row.

In other news, I'm moving my office to another building. My boss's building, to be precise. And into my boss's office, to be even more precise. As in, I have the desk right next to his! Yikes. No more afternoon naps or running off campus when no one is looking, I guess. Oh, well. It was fun while it lasted.

As an aside, the canteen on campus here is selling - I kid you not - fishtanks that hang on the wall. I'm getting sea monkeys, man! : ) In my boss's office, no less. Maybe. We'll see. Lord knows it was warm enough in there today to keep fish alive. My old office (where I'm typing this now) is hotter than the fourth circle of hell today, so I'm feeling very happy to get out. Never mind the smell of whatever chemicals they're using to clean and remodel the place. Majoy evil stench here.

Okay, I've got a ton of paperwork to do, and a case study to prepare. More later, perhaps.

No comments: