Friday, August 29, 2008

Wow, What A Speech!

I managed to catch Sen. Obama's speech last night at the DNC in between trips to the master bathroom to check on the puppies and Kona. By the way, if there are any typos in this or any other entry today, blame the dogs - for some reason Kona decided to become neurotic last night, and I only managed to get an hour or two of sleep.

Anyway, what Obama said blew me away. After years of hearing lukewarm political speeches that were big on sound but little on fury, this guy talked in a way that reminded me of video clips I have seen of JFK, MLK, FDR, and other famous people who are known by their initials! It was wonderful, and I agree with others who have said that this is the kind of speech will be talking about for years to come. You can read the full text of the speech here.

I hope he gets elected, if for no other reason that it will be nice to have a president who speaks in complete and grammatically correct sentences! Actually, there are plenty of reasons I have to want him to become president, but I confess that's a major one.

No comments: