Monday, August 11, 2008

And the Results Are ... Nothing!

My mother just called with the results of the latest series of MRI scans for her aneurysm. After dealing with the possibility of surgery and impending death for over a week, she finally got word that she has ... nothing.

Yep, that's right. Nothing. Not a damn thing. Apparently, what one radiologist thought was an aneurysm was actually a normal something or other. So we're feeling relieved beyond measure here. However, even though she's happy that she'll get to see her grandchildren grow she's also pissed as all get out for the fear that she's had to deal with for the past week or so. At first she was considering some sort of vengeful letter writing campaign - she's like that. But now I think I calmed her down enough simply to accept the fact that situations like this are why people need to ask for second and sometimes third opinions.

She's got the rest of the day off, so hopefully she'll pamper herself as life returns to some semblance of normalcy.

As for me, I'm breathing a sigh of relief and trying to get my mind refocused on my work.

Thanks to everyone who kept my mother in their thoughts, prayers, and meditations. Even though my faith is really shaky on issues of divine intervention - I've seen too much to believe that the Divine intervenes in our personal lives and alters the reality that we face - it does give me a great deal of comfort to have so many people ask about her and let me know that they were praying for her. And that comfort helps me also to realize that maybe prayer does something after all.

But that's way too theological for this time of the morning. My mother doesn't have an aneurysm, and that's all I need to know for now. Huzzah! : )

No comments: