Sunday, August 17, 2008

Kona's Puppies Are on the Way!

When we got home from church and having lunch with some friends, we found Kona to be crying and in apparent distress. We took her outside, and she tried to hide under the shed, so I brought her back inside to the bathroom that we converted into a birthing area. So far she's given birth to a girl. Only 6-8 more puppies to go! I tossed the camera to One Ring as she went into midwife vet mode, so hopefully we'll get some pics up soon.

In case you're wondering, I'm out here in the living room with Barney the Dog of Destruction. He's very upset and we want to keep him as far away from Kona as possible. I'm also running supplies back and forth to the birthing room. So keep all comments about my laziness to a minimum! : )

More later.

No comments: