Thursday, August 7, 2008

At Least the Coffee's Free Here

Day 2 at the new job. I'm still feeling confused as to just what I'm supposed to be doing and when I'm supposed to be doing it. Right now I'm waiting to observe another group session, and then I'll probably sit in and be trained on how to chart notes and do technical stuff until lunch. I told the powers that be here that I'd be happy to do spiritual assessments until we have a new chaplain appointed to my old position. But other than that, I really can't do chaplain work. Not my choice, really. There's a new policy that states that all religious issues must be passed on to chaplain services. Personally, I think that's a good thing, but since there isn't a chaplain at the moment, it does feel weird to say, "Sorry, can't do that anymore."

I went over and checked in on Whirling Dervish to see what's going on with him. Again, it felt weird to sit in his office, knowing that I had to race back to my new department before I was missed. Not used to this level of supervision. We're supposed to have lunch together, which will be nice.

Guess I'm just not having a hard time adjusting to new things. Plus I'm exhausted. Kona is having a rough time - she's a couple of weeks away from popping out a bunch of puppies, so she doesn't feel all that great. So she spent most of the night whining and walking about. I finally ended up on the couch with her curled up at my side. Guess she found that reassuring.

Okay, I've just had people give me things to do. Whatever happened to the dream of getting paid just for being me? : )

No comments: