Tuesday, June 10, 2008

So, How's Your Day Going?

Hopefully not like mine:

Well, the good news is that my boss got the VA Headquarters to accept my application materials. However, they were quick to respond by saying that I have a snowball's chance in hell of getting through the rating factors and the insanely complex process to my current boss's desk. I already knew that, but it was nice of them to remind me.

Ironically, two departments have told me that they wish for me to stay on as "their" chaplain. They've seen me in action, watched me calm down the chaos in their patients, and basically do my job (apparently, that's a rare thing around here). So both the substance abuse treatment program and a psych ward (to which I'm not even assigned!) have said that they want me on board. But can I? Nope, because of the way that the system is set up.

So I am really hoping that next Tuesday's interview goes really well. Really, really well. As in, hired on the spot. As much as I'd hate to leave this place, I need to be able to bring home more income in order to support One Ring in her studies.

For giggles, I decided to take a look and see what else the VA needed in terms of employees. Just on the off chance that I could apply for another job that doesn't have an absurd application process. I didn't find any, but I did see that they want to hire a pharmacist at $91,000! Someon told me that drugs were more interesting than religion, but did I listen? Noooooooo!

In other news, my 2:00 and 3:00 appointments were both given passes off campus, so I'm here for the next hour or so with nothing to do. Good thing is that my presentation for tomorrow is completed, so once I get home, I can crash and relax!

Okay, more later.

Peace.

No comments: