Friday, June 13, 2008

Godzilla's Back!

I have to make this quick, because work has piled up and I've been lazy. I just discovered that there will be a new fan made Godzilla / Gamera movie coming out online on July 5th. Now I know, most fan films are virtually unwatchable. But once you consider that Japanese monster movies are about the monsters - until recently mostly people in rubber suits, and now sometimes done in CG - and have horrible acting anyway, fan films aren't really a bad alternative. This is especially true considering that Toho and whatever company makes the Gamera films have pretty much put the kibosh on creating any more. Plus, by combining the two monster franchises, they are creating a match-up that could never happen in the professional world.

Even better, to avoid copyright infringement, the new movie Godzilla: Zero Hour will be free and available for download!

I'm telling you, my inner child is going nuts! :)

Okay, back to work.

No comments: