Monday, June 23, 2008

And the Day Improves Even More!

Huzzah! My 1:00 meeting was cancelled. Not only that, but there aren't any crises on my floors. Woohoo! That means I have time to take a break and get ready for my assessments at 2:30. Those should last until 4, and then the day is done!

In the meantime, I'm doing more religious research. I need to find a transcript of a lecture that the Rev. Dr. Walter Brueggeman gave to the Southeast Conference of the UCC a few weeks back. In it, he supposedly said (I wasn't there, so I'm hearing this second or third hand), "God isn't omnipotent, omniscient, or omnipresent," which of course flies in the face of orthodox Christian views. According to the story that our pastor told One Ring, the next day the minister who was giving the sermon at the morning worship service said, "God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent!" Ahh, you got to love passive-aggressive religious debate! : ) Anyway, we'll see if I can find the talk.

Okay, time to wander over to the other building and see what I can stir up. I have to present a verbatim this week, so I hope that something interesting happens (in a good way, of course!).

Peace.

No comments: