Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm Here, What More Do They Want?

Walked in this morning to a very excited boss. He said that he had found a way to hire two chaplains instead of the one that we were given permission to hire (see yesterday's post). Thing is, they're 3/4 time positions instead of the full time positions. Good news is that this may scare off some of the 300 odd applicants, and clear the way for yours truly to get the job. Unlikely, but possible.

Last night we had dinner with One Ring's brother, who entertained us with stories of his Peruvian adventures. Tonight I have to burn his pictures onto a disk - I'm apparently the department of photography in our household - and get that and his camera back to him. All of that either before or after Kung Fu.

I've also been working on the animation that you see on the right hand side. I went to Meez to create it after seeing another blog with it. Pretty cool, although it is somewhat limited in its themes as is definitely geared towards people much younger than me! Still though, I've been able to set up several different themes, from my interest in Kung Fu to my walking Barney the Dog of Destruction. Even better, Meez is free, although if you want to get some outfits and backgrounds it costs "coins," which can be obtained either by playing games (how I do it) or paying cash (oh, hell no!).

The office is taking a field trip of sorts today to a discount shoe store that's a local phenomena. Turns out my boss is a male Imelda Marcos, the former first lady of the Phillipines who was famous for her extensive shoe collection. My sneakers are falling apart, and I need a new pair of sandles for the summer months, so we'll see what they have. More on that later.

Anyway, I'm off to find caffeine.

No comments: