Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wow, And Here I Thought Peanut Was a Wimp!

Peanut, in case you didn't know, was my Dachshund, who died around this time last year. She was also afraid of her own shadow. Literally. And noises. And movement. She would step on a stick and then jump four feet into the air because the stick snapped and moved under her paw!

All of that I could never understand, because Dachshunds were originally bred to hunt Badgers, which are not all that gentle. I figured that all of the tenacity and aggression had been bred right out of them and they were now pretty much lap dogs.

Nope. Turns out they're vicious beasties!

Miniature dachshund gnaws off diabetic owner's toe

Sadly, the dog had to be put down for "safety concerns."

1 comment:

Leanna7074 said...

Gross!!! I'm glad Peanut never gnawed anything off while we were sleeping!