Wednesday, July 23, 2008

New Puppy!

Today we brought home Nana, an 8-month old (so they say) Beagle-Basset mix (again, so they say). She was not my original choice when I went over to PAWS, the Rutherford County Animal Welfare service. Yesterday, I saw a Dachshund-Beagle mix online. But when I went to the shelter, the puppy was way to skittish to fit in my chaotic household (blame Barney, who is still very much the hyper puppy!). Wonderful puppy, but one that would need a lot of rehab and quiet space. Then I saw Nana.

Nana is sweet, quiet, and (so far) putting up with Barney. Which is wonderful. However, judging from her body shape, she's either just given birth to pups or (please God, no!) pregant. Which is going to make life very, very interesting indeed.

We were able to get her with help from the SPCA of Tennessee. The wonderful director called PAWS and arranged for us to pick up Nana and "foster" her. Doing so allowed us to get her early, with the understanding that we have her spayed within a month. Also, it gives us a safety net, in case Barney and Nana don't get along.

So, without further ado, here she is!


No comments: