Thursday, July 24, 2008

When Rituals Go Very Wrong

Back when I worked in the church, I was responsible for plenty of rituals. Communion, baptisms, weddings, funerals, all sorts of stuff - including a few I made up, I did them all. Except foot washing - Blech! Anyway, when you do that many, some are bound to go wrong. Like the time I tried to break the bread for communion and found that it had been overcooked, and now had the consistency of a brick. I forced it so hard that it finally exploded, sending pieces of the host flying all over the first three pews. Believe me, communion should never, EVER, look like a Gallagher concert!

But no matter how sloppy my work got, it never got this bad:

Woman runs sword into foot during Wiccan ceremony

The irony is that she was trying to give thanks for good luck!

No comments: