Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday Morning Catch Up

Wow, six days without a post! Sorry about that. Life as really been moving along here on board this pirate ship. So far we have news on a new job, a new puppy, birthdays, religious conversations, family reunions, and various and sundry other things. So much, in fact, that I'm probably going to have to break it up over a series of posts.

Anywho, here we go!

One Ring's birthday was yesterday, so if you have a chance, drop by her facebook page and wish her a happy one. I'm still waiting on one of her gifts to arrive by mail - grumble! - so I'll hold off on saying what I (tried to) gave her. I think she had a good birthday. It was quiet, involved her family, and she met her new four legged child.

Yep, that's right. Looks like we're welcoming another stray into the family. As Stitch says in the movie Lilo and Stitch, "Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten." This Beagle puppy is four months old, and is owned by a good family. Only trouble is that their two year old is terrified of the puppy. So they asked around if anyone was interested. One Ring's father heard of it, passed the word over to us, and while we were in Birmingham this weekend met the dog. He immediately jumped up and licked my face. That pretty much sealed the deal. So now we're trying to come up with possible names. Any and all suggestions are appreciated, so send them in!

Here's the newest member of our family:

The little girl, by the way, is a neighbor who was taking care of the puppy while the owners were away.

More on the chaos later as we try to introduce Barney the Dog of Destruction to his new playmate and try to inform him that he will now have to share our attention.

One Ring's family had their family reunion this past weekend. Good time. Ate way too much, as usual. I really need to learn how to handle myself at these things, consumption wise. I keep coming away from them wanting to beach myself like a bloated whale! Got to meet some members of her family that I have not seen for years. Some I had never met. So over all, it was good to hear the family tales, meet the people, and come to understand where some of One Ring's quirks come from. My family doesn't hold reunions for a variety of reasons, so she doesn't have that opportunity. Guess she assumes that my quirks originate with me! : )

Well, that covers just about everything. I have a patient coming in a few minutes, so I better stop here. More later, including the religious conversation that came up at a new book club that met at our church. It was interesting, honest!

Peace.

No comments: