Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Prayer Request

I found out this morning that my mother was taken to the emergency room complaining of severe headaches, tingling in her lower neck, and pain elsewhere. Not sure what's going on yet; at some point the word "aneurysm" came up, which immediately sent us children into panic mode. My mother has had nerve pain in the past, stemming from a neck injury sustained when a coworker accidentally rubbed her neck and shoulders the wrong way (think "Vulcan nerve pinch"). She's been getting pain shots over the past year or so, but the last time she went (yesterday) they refused to give them and ordered a series of MRIs. Today she complained of numbness and the doctor ordered her to the ER.

So we in the family are awaiting word and trying not to panic. If you would, include my mother and family in your prayers, thoughts, and meditations today. I appreciate it, and will update as information becomes available.

Peace.

No comments: