Friday, July 25, 2008

Moving Right Along (Finally!)

It's Friday. It's payday. And I feel like I'm the only one here working. I think that's because most of the staff here have children, and what with the county schools starting up next week (odd, I know. In Virginia it's not until after Labor Day), everyone is squeezing in one last family vacation. But I'm here, and I'm trying to get my transition to my next career move to go as smoothly as possible. Yep, it's moving time again.

I should be receiving an email from HR today (it was supposed to come yesterday, but, true to form, it didn't) regarding my trasfer to addiction medicine. For the first time in 16 years (if you count my missionary work in Siberia, 14 if you don't), I will be taking a career path that doesn't involve the church or religion. It's a very odd feeling. Sometimes I feel very free, and other times I feel very sad. Not sure what's going on behind either emotion. But life is always changing, and I, like everyone else, need to learn how to better roll with those changes.

In the doggie department, Nana's name has been temporarily changed to Bandit, due to the darker area around her eyes that resembles a mask (if you squint). Whirling Dervish suggested "Bandana," since it sounds similar enough to Nana that it would be less of an adjustment for her. So we'll see. We talked with the SPCA last night in order to arrange for Nana / Bandit's healthcare; today I'm taking her to the vet to see if she's 1)pregnant, 2)healthy, 3)partially blind, and 4)sane. More on that later tonight, once things get settled down and figured out.

We're also dogsitting for One Ring's brother, who had to travel to some kind of conference. So now we have three dogs in the house and Barney is very happy. Insanely hyper, but happy! Yesterday went much better in terms of the dogs getting along. Bandit / Nana actually played with Barney for a little bit, although he did scare her at one point, sparking a violent reaction that caused some panic for a few moments. All is well, though, and One Ring and I feel good about getting her. Although if she is pregnant, things are really going to get crazy!

More later.

No comments: