Monday, April 13, 2009

Ye Been Warned!

Annoying Coworker has been bombarding my inbox with repeated claims of ignorance regading policies, proceedures, and desires for me to do his work. I had to take a break from the last rant in order to calm down and vent a little bit to Drink Man. When I came back, AC was waiting for me. Actually, I had no sooner sat down and began typing through some charts before I heard his shuffling feet moving slowly down the hallway. AC is a large man, and for some reason he doesn't pick up his feet when he walks. The resulting sound is what I imagine a very slow moving zombie makes - only more annoying.

After repeating some of my responses, and covering the same material that we had already covered in the emails, I must have sighed or groaned loudly because he asked, "Is something wrong?"

"Well, I'm busy and I'm tired. Plus I'm sure you've noticed that the heat in this office is cranked up to that of an oven. And I'm pretty sure we've already been over all the things that we've been talking about for the last 15 minutes!"

"I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page," he stammered. "That's all. And I really think we need to sit down with the boss to discuss how we're going to do things."

"Look, she's already said that she doesn't want to be disturbed because she's working on things. If you want to bother her, go ahead. But I'm leaving her be."

"Uh ... okay." And then he shuffled slowly off. He turned once to ask another question, but the look on my face sent him on his way.

"You know she took me off the curriculum project ..." he said from the hallway to no one in particular.

Probably because she wants the work to get done, I thought.

Next person to walk in will get a broadside!

No comments: