Friday, April 10, 2009

I Think I Want to Move

We just had a line of tornado producing storms roar through here. In fact, I was for a time trapped in another part of the hospital. Actually I refused to be trapped, and ran across the parking lot in the pouring rain, unaware that this was going on at the same time:

This picture was taken from the front door of the building where I work. The tornado is passing over the far end of the complex and heading towards a residential area nearby. And yes, One Ring is angry at me for being a fool!

News is still sketchy, but we've been hearing sirens and seeing a lot of rescue vehicles going in the direction where the touchdown occurred. There may have been more than one tornado. According to the latest news I could get, there were nine injuries and and quite a bit of damage. Needless to say, we're all a bit shaken over here.

We live north of my work, so One Ring and the dogs escaped the worst of it, though she did have to spend quite a bit of time in the closet with the nervous pups. Actually, she said only Barney was nervous - Kona had fallen asleep. Typical for that crazy mutt. She gets freaked out by light and shadows on the floor, but a tornado? Nah, that's not worth staying awake for!

This is our second run in with tornados this season. The last one came with a storm system that flooded parts of downtown Nashville and severely damaged several businesses not far from our house. This one was a lot worse and both hit without any warning. I'm sorry, but I'm used to hurricanes. With them, you get a week or so worth of warning, the local news stations pass out nice little maps so you play storm tracker at home. Shoot, we would even occasionally have hurricane parties! Not with these things. I told One Ring that if this keeps up, I'm moving back to the coast!

Okay, there's more to post, but that will have to wait.

Hope everyone else is doing okay.

No comments: