Monday, August 31, 2009

Oh, no.

I know that I haven't posted much this summer, and there's many a reason for that, starting with travel and visitors and ending with a new addiction and increased work responsibilities. So I figure I'll promise to write more when I can, and - for the time being at least - leave you with this very scary news from the world of comic books and all things Disney:

Disney To Buy Comics Juggernaut Marvel For $4B

My question is: being that the Marvel comic book characters are at the Universal Studios theme parks in Hollywood and Orlando, will this merger be the death knell for the "other park in Florida?" Universal will be opening the Harry Potter / Hogwarts area next year, but with Marvel leaving, will it be enough to survive?

"Curiouser and Curiouser," said Alice.

No comments: