Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oh, No! Part 2.

This is just one of the drawings that has popped up on the internet since yesterday's announcement that Disney has purchased Marvel for a whopping $4 Billion. And fans are not all united in joy about the merger, either. I was talking with Tigger yesterday, and we agreed that this was a salvo aimed at Universal Studios Orlando, which has the Marvel superheroes plastered all over their Islands of Adventure park and will soon have the Harry Potter park up and running. The question now is whether Universal Studios will pay to use the names of the Marvel Characters on their rides, or simply rename them.

This is going to be interesting.

Meanwhile, and in keeping with the hero theme, my addiction to City of Heroes is holding steady. To be honest, I'm more interested in creating the characters and developing a backstory than I am in going on missions - which, at least in the early stages - seem fairly repetitive (go here, beat these people up, click on these objects, repeat). Don't get me wrong, the game is beautiful and there are plenty of people who have equally interesting characters running around. The only problem I'm having is that I'm finding that the names I'd like to give my characters are all taken, so I'm left with two choices: either figure out a creative way to write them (such as including an odd character or blatently misspell it as if I was placing it on a license plate), or using a really bad name (I saw one guy with the name Phar Ting last night). So far I've been using the former.

I had my guitar lesson last night (and while I'd like to say again that this is in keeping with the Hero theme - this time with me as a real life Guitar Hero - it's not and I can't). We started the first solo of "Comfortably Numb," and while my playing sounds REALLY rough, I am in the ballpark, and that feels good. I don't have a lesson for another two weeks, but I've been told to practice that solo A LOT. So I'll be spending a lot of time in the spare bedroom, it seems.

Okay, that's all from here. A couple of other things are going on, but it's just about lunch time and I need to grab a bite before more chaos ensues. And it's coming. Oh, yes, chaos is coming. By the way, the Spider-Mouse drawing was done by AngelCrusher, and was posted on the Deviant Art website.

Peace.

No comments: