Wednesday, June 10, 2009

In Case the Government is Watching ...

Let me formally say that I do not condone or encourage piracy of copyright materials, no matter the size of the profit margins of the corporations that produce said materials. Nor do I condone or encourage piracy of the type currently going on off the coast of Somalia, no matter the size of the profit margins of the corporations that are currently overfishing and dumping toxic wastes into those waters.

Raising the Jolly Roger and going after aforementioned booty would be bad, m'kay?

Now, that being said, I did find that the Pirate Party that won a couple of seats in the EU Parlimentary elections does, in fact, have a branch in the United States. They can be found here. Though from the sounds of things, it doesn't look like they're having much luck in developing a groundswell of popular support.

Don't know why, but I just felt the need to put the occasional disclaimer up in case there was any confusion as to where my sympathies lie.

In other news, I just received some very disappointing news regarding my pay. So I'm going to close here and head home for the day.

No comments: