Friday, June 26, 2009

Drink Man Update

... in case anyone cares.

He's alive, sore, and recovering following a late night trip to the ER yesterday. The pain finally caught up with him (as did the police - more on that later), so he went to get checked out. All the CT scans, X-rays, etc. came back negative so all is well. Aside from his friends who want to really do some damage to him, he should be safe and sound.

Because he managed to get home and sleep it off, there was no evidence left that he had been drinking prior to the accident, so legally he's okay - except, perhaps, for a charge of leaving the scene of an accident, but that's still up in the air and depends on how much the officer in charge hates paperwork.

So now I'm acting as his press secretary, answering questions, taking phone calls, and telling people, "For God's sake, call him! What do I look like, his freakin' press secretary????"

Apparently, I do.

I'm charging him for this. Hourly rates. I swear.

No comments: