Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pirate Game Geek Awesomeness!

Whenever I get around to shop at Target, I try to pick up a pack or two (or three, or four ...) of the Pirates of the Cursed Seas card game. Even though Topps bought the company and then announced that they are discontinuing the line, the cards are carried by several stores in my area, and I enjoy replenishing my supply (I gave my old collection to Whirling Dervish's boys) and preparing to send Sharkbait to Davy Jones' locker whenever possible. Now that Dervish is coming back into town (Huzzah!), I need to be ready to defend my honor against his brood, as well.

So yesterday, with One Ring out of town (and buying Pirate cards that much easier!), I headed over to Target to accomplish a couple of other, much more practical errands. Along the way I picked up a couple of packs and received the following:










It's the "Super Rare" Black Pearl from the Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean line! A cursory glance shows it to be very similar to the regular Black Pearl (the undamaged version), with the major exception that this is printed on a transluscent plastic sheet, giving it a ghostly appearance. Along with the ship came a small sheet that announced that I had the rarest ship in the fleet! I am now in awe of my own piratical awesomeness.

And yes, I've already called Sharkbait. No, he doesn't already own one. Heh, heh.

No comments: