Thursday, March 5, 2009

Time to Think

Annoying Coworker called in sick today, leaving me to collect samples, run them to the lab, then lead his group and write chart notes. Needless to say, I'm a tad grumpy about it. While he may very well be on death's door today, I KNOW he wasn't sick yesterday. And if he was, in fact, ill yesterday, I'm even more peeved, because he hung out in my office like it was the place to get tickets for Michael Jackson's comeback tour! And no, I'm not excited - or even interested - in Michael Jackson's comeback tour. I just saw that on CNN and figured I'd reference that. I may be a geek (as One Ring pointed out AGAIN last night), but I have taste!

So I just finished lunch, and was looking for news about my mother's dog, Haley, who is actively dying and may be put to sleep today. My sister had to put her cat to sleep earlier in the week, so this is a really sad time for us all, pet-wise. Haley's been around 8 years, and was one of the friendliest Beagles you'd ever meet. She was the runt of the litter, though, and it seems that she inherited some health issues that have caught up with her.

While waiting for news (and the day to end), I've been surfing the net and looking for the patterns for the origami models I posted yesterday. In case anyone cares, the Yoshizawa butterfly diagram can be found here. I'm still looking for the dragonfly. Funny how you can locate something on the 'net, and then immediately forget how you got there!

There's another model for a butterfly, this one by famed folder Michael LaFosse, here.

Enjoy.

No comments: