Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Okay, One More Thing

And it's a good thing. Remember the nitwits over at Westboro Baptist Church in Kansas? They're the losers who run around with the "God Hates Fags" signs and claim that 9/11 and all military casualties in the current Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts are God's vengeance against a gay-friendly government (yeah, I'm sure my gay friends would all agree that our government is oh, so gay friendly!). Anyway, Westboro is at it again, by announcing last month that they were going on a tour of hate, first to Albany and then to Hyde Park in Chicago. Why they chose to attack those areas, I don't know, except for the fact that Hyde Park is where President Obama gave his victory speech and it's near the University of Chicago. They seem to think he's the anti-Christ.

At any rate, U of C was ready when the church bus (or mini-van; I never did find out how many nut cases showed) pulled up yesterday, and a wonderfully clever counter-protest was spawned. Here's my favorite picture from the event:

I do wish I could have been there. Looks like it was a successful event!

And with that, I'm calling it a day. More tomorrow.

No comments: