Tuesday, February 3, 2009

This Post Does Not Involve Existential Angst, I Promise!

There's more going on in my world besides my concerns about the ultimate reality (assuming there is one). For one, I had a good guitar lesson last night, and learned a blues shuffle and a challenging two string arrangement. Challenging for me, that is. Most people could probably do it in their sleep. My comment to my instructor was, "Well, now we see if I have any rhythm!"

Drink Man just emailed me with an interesting tidbit. He shops around on Craigslist for guitars and equipment when he's bored, and found an awesome guitar pedal that sells new for $299. This guy is selling his for $75. Ironically, this is about the same amount I was about to drop on a similar pedal this weekend. So now I'm debating whether or not to work through Craigslist for this one. Drink Man is heading out to the location - another odd coincidence is that his girlfriend lives in the town where the pedal is being sold - one week from Friday, so he may be able to pick it up if I decide to go for this. Not sure at the moment, though.

Just got back from having yet another cup of coffee. Man, I am tired today. Serious nap action happening later. One Ring promises to not bring up any deep topics anymore close to bedtime. I think that's a good idea.

Good news is that all the work is pretty much done for the day. I did the lab run (don't ask; it ain't pretty!) for the department, and I don't have any paperwork to speak of. Most everything else can be accomplished tomorrow. 1 1/2 hours and I'm outta here!

There's a lot more to talk about, serious and not, but I'm running on empty. So I'll close here and try to write some more tomorrow.

Peace.

No comments: