Wednesday, February 25, 2009

More Updates on Updates

My meeting with the head of Chaplain Services yesterday went well. The short version is that there will be a position opening (probably) in June, as soon as a chaplain retires. He wants me to put in for it. If everything goes as planned, I should be a pretty competitive candidate, assuming that we don't have a disabled war vet with equal experience show up (which is what happened last time). Since then, though, I've learned a few tricks that should help - please start Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap by AC/DC at this time!

The Doom Buggy continues to have issues. The poor thing is 9 years old, and I've driven the hell out of it, but so far it's held up pretty well. I think the clutch is developing a problem again. If it could hold together until August, when the other position is announced, I'd be very happy. If not, well, I'm going to have to somehow make a car payment fit into our financial situation.

Oh, there's a new link over on the right hand side of the page. It's Ray Keim's Paper Model Purgatory. Some of you may recall that I have an as yet still unfinished paper model of the Haunted Mansion (Walt Disney World version). Well, Ray is the guy who created it, along with several other structures. All are related to the horror genre, and most are theme park attractions like the Haunted Mansions. Even if you're not a paper modeler, it's still a neat page to check out. I do have a completed model of the Conservatory Coffin, which was a lot of fun to build and display.

Well, time to return to pretending to work. I'm still fighting this head / chest cold thing, so I'd much rather be crashed out watching bad movies at home. Saw Starship Troopers last night. I don't know, there's something about being ill that makes me want to watch movies where I don't have to think at all. Must be my sinuses putting pressure on my brain!

On second thought, maybe I won't pretend to work. There's a few more links I want to put up. So more later.

Peace.

No comments: