Monday, February 23, 2009

It is Done!

Today I finished my application and handed it over to the evil forces of Human Resources.

Yes, that rhymes. No, I'm not apologizing.

Now I just have to wait until - get this - AUGUST until they get around to deciding whether or not they want me to fill one of the three openings. The position is open now, they need the people now, but everyone will have to wait until August before HR gets all their ducks in a row. I'm just glad I have something that pays the mortgage between now and then.

In other work news, I got word that the head chaplain of this place will have an opening in his team when one of his guys retires in June. He wants me to take a crack at getting the job. It's better pay, but it would probably restart my existential angst that everyone has just suffered through, so I'm not sure I want to do that. Still, more money means more fun stuff in life ...

One hour to go, then it's home and on to guitar lessons. Barre chords still suck, and I suck at playing them. Hopefully that will not be the case for long.

Now if I could just get rid of this sinus/cold thing that's been bugging me for the last couple of days ... Grrrr. Must not get sick!

No comments: