Monday, January 26, 2009

New Meme from Facebook.

Over on Facebook, several of my friends have been posting this little do-dad. So, just for chuckles, and for the sake of putting something a little more upbeat than my usual complaining about work, I figured I'd tack it up here. Enjoy.
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)

Or if you hate this kind of thing, just ignore it!

1. Several of the women I once dated have since friended me on Facebook. I find this oddly complimentary.

2. I know more about the Haunted Mansion ride in Walt Disney World (and other Disney parks) than any sane person should.

3. I have set foot on 15 foreign countries. Not bad for a homebody!

4. I didn’t really start drinking until I attended Vanderbilt Divinity School. Thankfully, I’ve cut back quite a bit!

5. I used to pass out during the drug education portion of health class…

6. ... which makes my being an addiction therapist an even odder occupation.

7. I have perfomed many, many weddings and funerals during the 8 years that I was active in the parish ministry and two years of hospital chaplaincy. I much prefer funerals to weddings (see below).

8. I lived in Siberia for three months. During the winter. Hello 40 below!

9. I’ve been told that I do good impersonations of Gollum, Grover, and Jack Sparrow. Oh, and Pepe the King Prawn from the Muppets, too.

10. I once officiated a wedding where the maid of honor beat up a bridesmaid at the reception. Hence my love of funerals.

11. I actually officiated a wedding in Las Vegas. And no, I was not dressed as Elvis!

12. I was a Russian Major at Old Dominion University and planned to be a spy.

13. I am finally learning to play the guitar, 22 years after first being offered the chance.

14. I once took a Dale Carnegie public speaking course. They told me I would be very successful – so long as I did not speak publicly. I then went on to 8 years of public speaking.

15. I decorated my car in a “Haunted Mansion” / “Nightmare Before Christmas” theme.

16. I have been studying Zen Buddhism off and on since college. Every so often I’m tempted to shave my head and run away to Asia.

17. When I was young, I participated in a puppet ministry and wanted to be a Muppeteer.

18. My first job upon my return to Nashville was working in a coffee shop at a Books-A-Million. My second job wasn’t much better.

19. I now am able to make an awesome latte, though!

20. When I was 12 I was hit by a car and (literally) knocked out of my shoes. Even today, I have a phobia about crossing streets.

21. I tried to join the Coast Guard after college. They told me I couldn’t become an officer because I wear glasses. I didn’t sign up.

22. One day I hope to write the definitive book on the meaning of life. I suspect that it will be very short.

23. For some reason, my wife thinks I’m very funny.

24. I miss the coffee caucuses we used to hold with our friends in Virginia.

25. I always wanted to own a Beagle. A dog to call my own. A four legged best friend. So we got one. He loves my wife more than me. So I got my own dog. And found out she was pregnant two weeks before she gave birth to 8 pups.

Feel free to comment. Or not. Hope this was caused a chuckle.

No comments: