Wednesday, January 14, 2009

And The Winner Is ....

Today is a dead day. I've been here 3 hours and have only worked with one patient. While I'm still not sure what I'm doing in this department - not exactly, anyway - not having anything to do means not having anything to do. Period. And that leaves only one thing: GUITAR SHOPPING!

As I posted yesterday, my search had come down to the Epiphone SG-310 and the Schecter Omen 6. The Schecter is roughly $50-$60 more, and looked nicer, but other than that, they seemed similar - at least in terms of my playing ability. My next pay day is the 23rd, so I was content to let the matter rest until then.

Funny how life just won't work the way we plan. Today I went over to Musician's Friend, to check on sales, stock, etc. and I found that they had a clearance sale on the "value pack" for the SG-310 - Case, amp, cable, pics, tuner, and guitar stand - for the same price as buying the guitar separately! I just about fell out of my chair! So I fired off emails to both Drink Man (I wanted him to see if I had missed some fine print in the details) and One Ring (to consult with her on finances and my sanity). To my surprise, both said "Go for it!"

So now I am roughly 3 business days away from rocking out on my own brand new electric guitar, which should look exactly like this:


And I am left with one question: now that I've finally bought a guitar, what in the world am I supposed to do with my spare time at work????

Peace.

No comments: