Thursday, January 15, 2009

Edgar Allen Poe's Birthday ...

is on the 19th. So in honor of the great writer (an enigmatic loon)'s 200th, here's an article about the big event and links to a couple of museums honoring him. One Ring and I went to the one in Richmond. Not a bad way to spend an afternoon, in my humble opinion. They had a dramatic reading of The Raven by Vincent Price (on video, of course, being that Price is long dead), and an exhibit describing all the theories that have been developed over the years attempting to explain his mysterious death. Turns out the local medical school assigns the mystery to its seniors. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

Think I'll read a few of his works this week, being that it's way too cold to venture outside.

Here are the links I promised, starting with the article.

Poe Museum in Richmond, Virginia.

Edgar Allen Poe Society.

Poe House and Museum.

Selected Works of Poe, Including The Raven.

Enjoy!

No comments: