Tuesday, July 14, 2009

There and Back Again

Though I have not even left yet!

I would have written volumes last Friday, save that I had a running battle with annoying coworker that escalated into a face to face confrontation. It was not pretty in many, many ways. The worst part, I think, was that I finally realized just how sick the man is emotionally and mentally. And the scary part was, after all was finished and I had time to process the incident with the help of some other therapists, the hospital knows how sick he is, and is not requiring him to receive any assistance.

That was the topic that consumed me last week and yesterday, and to be honest I don't want to deal with it anymore. Or talk about it, anyway. I'll deal with it whenever I have to. It's just that there are far more enjoyable topics to cover today ...

... such as the realization of my dream to take my niece and nephew to Disney World! Oh, sure my sister and her husband are coming, too, but we all know that it's about the kids. We fly out Saturday morning and are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in a room overlooking the savannah they created:

We're talking six days of spoiled bliss!

Speaking of spoiled bliss, some time ago I spoke of the new attraction next to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at the Magic Kingdom. At "The Pirates League" the cast members turn you into a pirate by way of face paint and costuming. I had planned on doing this, but unfortunately you have to book 90 days in advance. So sadly I will not be completing my transformation into one of the brotherhood of the coast. I'll try to swing by, though, and grab some picture of what's going on there.

One Ring and I have done everything we could think of to make this trip as incredible as possible for the kids. I typed up letters that they'll receive daily from various Disney characters and we booked special meals where they can meet all their favorites. Add to that the usual spoiling, and there should be no living with them by the time we send them home! Honestly, I think that I'm looking forward to this more than my sister and brother-in-law.

I'm so glad this trip is coming up. I really am burned out with this whole Annoying Coworker battle. Days like the ones I had last week make me wish that dueling was still legal!

No comments: