Thursday, December 3, 2009

It Arrived!

My early Christmas present came in yesterday, and it is beautiful! It's a Laguna LE300, and despite the lousy strings that came from the factory, it has an awesome sound. I spent the evening playing with the pickup settings (it has a 5-way switch), and continuing to work on my assignment from my lessons. I forgot to see if it could fit in my Epiphone case, though, so transporting it to lessons or to get the strings replaced may be a problem. I'll have to work on that tonight.

In other news, friends of ours had twins last night! It's a wonderful (obviously) event for them, made bittersweet only by the fact that this comes a little more than a year after they lost a baby girl at birth. But even with this in the back of our minds, we're all celebrating. One Ring and I will be heading over to the hospital to see the proud parents and meet the boys.

Well, group went off without a hitch today, and a minor crisis was avoided with another patient. This afternoon might get a little busy, but, for the most part, it will just be paperwork and cleaning the desk for an inspection that's supposed to take place tomorrow. The doctor comes back on Monday, so I'll have to write a memo to bring her up to speed on the chaos that's gone on while she's been in India and Los Angeles.

Okay, time to check on some other issues and get to work.

No comments: