Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Adrift

One Ring brought to my attention the fact that I have not put finger to keyboard for this blog in quite some time. Even after I had a good run of putting up at 6 or so posts per month (waaaaay down from years past), it seems I have run into the writer's equivalent of the Sargasso Sea, and am up to my gunports in seaweed!

So, here's what's going on:

1) One Ring and I (and her parents) put together the nursery for Simon. He's due on December 16, and preparations for his arrival are well in hand.

2) Clay classes at the craft store are in full swing. I'm not too crazy about the projects that the store selected for this month, but it's a way of crafting while getting paid for it. And that, maties, is not a bad thing at all!

3) Important days to remember: Talk Like a Pirate Day is this Sunday, September 19th! In other important news, Halloween is approximately 47 days away! Now if someone can point me in the direction of a good ghostly pirate story that I haven't seen / read yet, I would be grateful!

4) Work is ... work. Enough said there. I'm thankful beyond measure to have a job, but when One Ring, her parents, and I went to the treasure coast of Florida for a (all too) brief vacation, the idea of not returning entered my mind many a time!

Okay. More will be posted shortly, as links and Halloween issues abound!

No comments: